Updated: Jun 2, 2020
Tom talks explains why he has the Stihl MS 500i in the back of his truck.
‘ Let’s talk about the recently released Stihl MS 500i. It’s been a the talk of the town in the industry for a few months now and the build-up to its release was intense. It’s probably been the most anticipated saw of a generation.
I was lucky enough to get my hands on a launch edition back in February when 500 were released in Australia. And boy is it worth all the hype and hours lost watching YouTube video reviews from other parts of the world, where it had already been rolled out.
Here’s why this is the chainsaw of all chainsaws right now;
- The main feature is - it’s the Words first electronically controlled fuel injected chainsaw!
- No carburettor, means less emissions are produced.
- Best power to weight ratio on the market.
- Super fast cutting.
- Instant smooth power, accelerating to 100km/h in 0.25 seconds.
- Sensor controlled fuel mixing, means optimum engine power and stops fuel being burnt unnecessarily.
This one is still a bit hard to get your hands on and it’s bit up there in terms of cost, but it’s good to know the technology and innovation is there.
I hope it’s not to long until we see more chainsaws like this on the market and in stores within a decent price range available to everyone.'